12 Sep 2023 Simon Briggs
Hear More About 9 AI Experts To Speak At The CogX DeepTech Summit In September At The O2
Scientists and visionaries including Stuart Russell, Dr. Rana El Kaliouby, David Ha, Manuela Veloso, Thomas Wolf, Maja Pantic and Juergen Schmidhuber to share the latest cutting edge research and how to address AI safety
The CogX Festival (https://www.cogxfestival.com) of inspiration, impact and transformative change announces nine of the world’s top AI experts that will speak on the AI day of the highly anticipated DeepTech Summit.
The CogX DeepTech Summit will take place at the Indigo at the O2, London, as part of the CogX Festival from 12th to 14th September and will bring together the world's foremost scientists, researchers and visionaries. They will present their cutting-edge research, as well as the latest thinking and techniques for AI safety and regulation.
The AI industry is already revolutionising businesses, the economy, and society as we know it and the impact over the next ten years will be nothing short of profound. There has been an unprecedented acceleration in AI research and it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep up. New techniques are continually being developed and they will bring more powerful models and increased capabilities, but ethical and regulatory frameworks are urgently needed.
Charlie Muirhead, Founder and CEO of CogX, said: “Never in history have we seen such rapid and transformative deployment of technology. The CogX Deeptech Summit is a 3 day event with a focus on the latest advancements in AI. In 2017, CogX started with the Impact of AI on Industry, Government and Society. This year, we are returning with a whole day dedicated to technical breakthroughs in what is the biggest topic in the world today. We are excited to announce nine of the world's foremost AI leaders and can't wait to welcome everyone from computer science students to CTOs to directly engage with these exceptional minds, ask questions, and gain invaluable insights.”
Stuart Russell, Professor University of California, Berkeley, said: "There is basic research still to be done on AI safety, and then the results have to be turned into useful systems. But for governments, the most important thing is to learn how to regulate AI, starting with a simple warm-up exercise: ban the impersonation of humans by machines."
Confirmed speakers for the AI Day of the CogX DeepTech Summit include:
- Prof. Stuart Russell OBE, University of California, Berkeley and Founder of Center for Human-Compatible Artificial Intelligence
- Manuela Veloso, Head of AI Research at J.P. Morgan, Head of the Machine Learning at Carnegie Mellon
- Dr. Rana El Kaliouby, Machine Learning Scientist, Deputy CEO at Smart Eye
- David Ha, Head of Research at Stability AI
- Juergen Schmidhuber, AI Initiative Director at King Abdullah University, Swiss AI Lab, Scientific Director at IDSIA
- Thomas Wolf, Co-founder and Chief Science Officer at Hugging Face
- Maja Pantic, AI Scientific Research Lead at Meta
- Euro Beinat, Global Head AI and Data Science at Prosus Group and Naspers
- Bob van Luijt, Co-founder and CEO at Weaviate
- Amy Challen, GM Artificial Intelligence at Shell
The DeepTech Summit AI Day will cover the pressing questions that researchers are tackling today, such as:
- What are the latest achievements and developments in LLMs and training techniques?
- How do we make AI safe? Which safety techniques will be used in the next generation of models? What are the latest methods to evaluate model capabilities?
- Where is the next inflection point for model capability going to come from? How big will the leap be and who is leading its development?
- How can data provenance and attribution be improved to protect copyright and allow content owners to opt out?
- What are the benefits and limitations of open source approaches? And what are the risks?
- Where are we on the journey to Artificial General Intelligence and how do we prepare for it?
- The DeepTech Summit AI Day is part of the wider CogX Festival, which will also host the Global Leadership Summit, Industry Transformation Summit; a new Expo hosting up to 10 pavilions and 500 startups showcasing the very latest innovation; an Executive Programme across the 80 suites on The O2’s levels 2 and 3; intimate Q&A sessions, keynote talks just for GenZ students and the 7th annual CogX Awards for innovators and change makers.