01 Sep 2023 Anthony Lehrman
The CogX DeepTech Summit Is Returning For Its 7th Edition
The CogX Festival of inspiration, impact and transformational change, is taking place this year on 12th to 14th September, at The O2, North Greenwich, London and sites across Canary Wharf.
The Festival will now feature three Summits covering DeepTech, Industry Transformation and Global Leadership; a new Expo hosting up to 10 pavilions and 500 startups showcasing the very latest innovation; an incredible Executive Programme across the 80 suites on The O2’s levels 2 and 3; dedicated tracks and masterclasses on critical topics including Generative AI, AI safety, ethics and regulation across all three Summits; and the 7th annual CogX Awards for innovators and change makers.
Charlie Muirhead, CogX CEO said: “ChatGPT’s viral adoption is just the latest reminder we live in an ‘Exponential Age’. There are extraordinary opportunities ahead of us in drug discovery, education, and clean energy, but challenges such as AI safety are raising legitimate public concern around the world. That’s why there has never been a more pressing time to convene global leaders, the tech industry and the public in-person to address the question: “How do we get the next 10 years right?”. And The O2 is the only venue where we can do this both inclusively and at the scale needed. We can’t wait to help give thousands of people a chance to participate in the discussion at this critical time in humanity’s evolution. We look forward to welcoming everyone from CEOs to students alike.”
What to Expect at the CogX Festival in 2023:
- CogX Deep Tech Summit - Hear from the world’s leading tech visionaries, scientists, and engineers who will present their cutting edge research and discuss the latest technical developments in AI, Energy, Life Sciences and Quantum. Deep dive Q&A sessions will allow delegates to understand the latest progress and discuss what’s coming next.
- CogX Industry Transformation Summit - Learn how new technologies such as AI are disrupting entire industries - from financial services to cinema to music, and from health to education - how to harness the incredible opportunities today and the skills that will be needed in the future organisation. 100s of Masterclasses will give practical lessons on platforms like ChatGPT, Midjourney, Stable Diffusion and more.
- CogX Global Leadership Summit – Hear from the world’s top thinkers in 6 themed half day blocks: Global Outlook; Climate and the Future of Energy; True Tech Transformation; Future of Industries; Health and Longevity; and the Creative Industries, the Metaverse and Web3. Global leaders from business, government and academia will address up to 10,000 participants and explore the opportunities ahead and actions we must take now and how if we are to get the next 10 years right.
- CogX Expo - Discover up to 500 of the most exciting start-ups, scale ups and enterprises in the 10,000 sqm Expo space. Join 100s of tutorials and masterclasses on topics from generative AI to fundraising to marketing to legal. And sign up for speed matchmaking sessions to generate new leads, find new employees, raise capital and find investment opportunities.
- CogX Awards - For the 7th year CogX will celebrate the innovators and change makers who have impacted our world over the past 12 months. All exhibitors and speakers are automatically entered into the Awards and this year CogX is introducing a new ‘Transformational/Rising Star Startup Award’ with a cash grant of £25,000. Submissions are open now and will close on the 30th May.
The move to The O2 enables CogX to deliver on two critical goals:
- Inclusivity at Scale - To address the critical questions of our time, the public must be part of the conversation. The scale of this year’s venue and the affiliate programme makes it the most affordable, and hence inclusive, Leadership Summit in the world with prices starting at just £95, and even lower for students.
- Executive Programme - Executives value meeting in smaller groups. The new Platinum Pass provides access to The O2’s 80 executive suites levels 2 and 3 which offer the best seats, are hosted and curated on themes by partners to provide unmatched peer networking, and includes exclusive speaker lunches and dinners and bookable 1:1 meeting spaces.
Not Just a Think Tank But A Do Tank
CogX has always aimed to move the conversation forward with concrete action, beyond the event itself. The 2023 Festival will also:
- Engage participants throughout the Festival to crowdsource the questions and policy areas they want to focus on.
- Distribute a survey to all participants and the broader community to provide their feedback while the discussions are fresh in the mind.
- Publish the findings with recommendations and firm working groups for the conversation to continue in the months after the event ready to present outcomes in 2024.
About CogX Festival
The Festival is returning for its 7th edition. Starting in 2017 with a focus on “The Impact of AI on Industry, Government and Society”, over the past 6 years CogX has expanded to cover 20 topics ranging from Health and Climate Tech to Ethics while always maintaining a strong programme on AI. In 2020 CogX introduced its Global Leadership Summit and the mission of addressing the question: “How do we get the next 10 years right?”. The event has welcomed over 3,500 expert speakers as wide ranging as Jensen Huang to John Kerry, and from Margarette Vestager to Werner Vogels, Robert Downey Jnr and Tony Blair and in 2023 moved to The O2 and expanded to three Summits and a huge new Expo. On May 22nd CogX is also hosting a day of AI at the Cannes Film Festival.